Simple shared bookmarking app
This project started as a quick project to give myself a reason to try out Go. I wanted a simple bookmark manager I could use with my partner to share links and started implementing a simple interface using Svelte, that communicated with a Go backend via a REST API. All bookmarks were stored as flat files and saved to RediSearch for easy searching.
After a while, I wanted to implement some new features but did not have the motivation to learn Go, so I quickly converted the project to PHP, by just replacing the backend and leaving the rest as it was. This served me successfully for years, until, during the big server consolidation of 2023, I decided to re-implement all my side projects using Laravel and Livewire.
The new, third version, now looks a bit better, thanks to TailwindCSS. I also added a few new features, like the ability to add reactions (thumbs up / thumbs down) to bookmarks to make it easier to use the app as a helper for decision making, e.g. which christmas present to buy.
The new version of the app is still in a private state and I am not planning to release it yet.
- PHP, Laravel, Livewire, Docker, Meilisearch
- Started at
- Private project, no current release
- Self-Hosted bookmark management solution, easily deployable with Docker.
- Add, edit, and delete bookmarks via a simple web interface, or add bookmarks via an API endpoint.
- Automatically download title, page content and main image of a bookmarked page.
- Quickly search for bookmarks using full text search.
- Users can add react (👍🏻 / 👎🏻) to bookmarks.
- Users can add tags to bookmarks.